Much to do about nothing


Went dancing last nigh with Mr. X and I loved it.
Since I was a little sick and tired I decided not to drink alcohol because one of the following would happen. My balance would be not so good and I like dancing, not mopping the floor or I would simply fall asleep. Thus, I continued my list of "inappropriate things to drink in pubs/clubs at 1 am". Starting with the hot chocolate in "Motoare" ( place with benches not chairs where people drink beer...almost exclusively) and ending with green tea in B52 (a club known for it's crowded nights and huge glasses of gin, whiskey and so on). It was fun to see Mr. X make the journey from the bar to our table with a glass of hot water and a little plate with honey and a tea bag. The club was full.
The green tea also made me more observant to the transformation of the people around me. I noticed this "soon to be" couple. A skinny short haired hyperactive girl was trying to get noticed by her boy friend (they came together in a group). At the beginning of the night she was showing off all her dance moves, but he was mostly "yeah whatever" and was not moving to much. He seemed embarrassed by his hyperactive partner and quickly gave up and sat down. At 2 am, after what I suspect to be many many beers he was dancing like crazy and he ended up kissing the girl like he was going to eat her face (his initiative! I was unfortunate enough to turn my head at the exact moment). You must think I am crazy, but it was really hard to ignore all these things. They were right next to us, first the hyper girl was a funny sight and then he was jumping and dancing like a monkey. Besides...it took Mr. X a long of time to go buy me the teas (I drank two. I can hold my tea =)) )
After what I saw last night plus things I've heard from friends etc etc mostly everyone hooks up while drunk (ages 14-25).
Now I am not an old lady, but if you don't have the guts to ask her/him out while you are awake what makes you think it will work or even that you care that much. It also works the other way around. If he/she does not seem to like you much while he/she is sober why do you settle for "drunk out of my head you seem good enough"?..and sometimes people who don't even like each other end up making out.
I guess the next day is very important, but I figure many relationships just continue by the golden rule "go with the flow", without much to do about how/why they start.

I bet he'll say something about me calling him Mr. X ;))



2 flu flu:

Unknown said...

You do some good writing. :) I always check out people in clubs (I don`t like to get drunk where I`m not master of my domain). It`s hilarious. Everyone is showing off, checking out who`s checking them out.
PS: Mr X is so mysterious, he has nothing to worry about. :p

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much ! I am glad you enjoyed reading it.

........................................................

absence (2) adam şi eva (1) annie leibovitz (1) autoportrait (4) autumn (1) bathroom (1) bee (2) black (2) blue (5) body (3) brasov (1) bresson (1) bucharest (4) canon (1) cat (3) cisnadie (1) countre-jour (1) damn (1) diana krall (1) discrimination (1) disney (1) drawings (1) drops (1) entertainment (1) event (3) everyday life (19) fashion (3) fed (2) feeling (1) film (10) fireman (1) fly (2) fridge (1) friend (10) fuck (2) fun (8) gift (1) greece (1) gypsy (1) hand (4) help (1) highschool (1) http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif (1) idiots (1) internet (1) kid (1) la défense (1) life (19) literature (1) lomo (7) love (24) M (1) macro (5) MAD (4) mask (1) mass-media (1) movie (7) much to do about nothing (109) music (21) night (1) objectify (1) paris (2) park (3) party (3) peacock (1) peek (1) people (2) personal (34) photography (87) piano (1) piggeon (1) poetry (3) politic (2) poppy (1) portfolio (1) portrait (7) relationship (2) religion (1) robeabsolvire (2) romania (2) safety (1) scarry (1) school (7) sea (8) skirt (1) sky (5) slow (1) snagov (1) snow (6) social theory (2) street (5) strereotype (1) summer (1) sunday (1) sunset (2) tag (1) theatre (1) travel (22) value (22) versuri (1) verve (1) voluntier (1) white (3) winter (3) wish (1) work (3) zenit (3)

....................................................................................................

................................................................. Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
 
Copyright © Aripa , simplu