It's Marchuary, uhuuuuuu!


I love the avatars my friends have on messenger.

It's March, but the snow is half a meter.

We all set aside our boots and furry jackets, we got out our sports shoes and delicate footwear...and then it snowed.....for 3 days. =))

The funny things about the avatar pictures is that they are all from the seaside =)) I see my friends in their bathing suits, getting fried under the sun and then I see outside the window how the white snow is pilling up.

Which brings me to my next problem. Storing digital photos. A couple of months ago when my computer died I thought I had lost all the information I had on it. I managed to save it, but I cried for a day. The thing is all my photos from that year were there. I could have lost them all. And this is my problem, the lack of actual materiality of the photos. I have glossy-papered images with my mom as a kid. They remain. The digital ones seem so easy to loose, forget about or ignore. My big problem now is that my (new) computer is already full so I have to debark some of them. DVDs? External Hard? Grrrrrr It is so frustrating!!! And these dvds are not safe enough for me, they age which means they might not work, they don't leave a charming vignette effect or a little yellow allure of times-passed.


0 flu flu:

........................................................

absence (2) adam şi eva (1) annie leibovitz (1) autoportrait (4) autumn (1) bathroom (1) bee (2) black (2) blue (5) body (3) brasov (1) bresson (1) bucharest (4) canon (1) cat (3) cisnadie (1) countre-jour (1) damn (1) diana krall (1) discrimination (1) disney (1) drawings (1) drops (1) entertainment (1) event (3) everyday life (19) fashion (3) fed (2) feeling (1) film (10) fireman (1) fly (2) fridge (1) friend (10) fuck (2) fun (8) gift (1) greece (1) gypsy (1) hand (4) help (1) highschool (1) http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif (1) idiots (1) internet (1) kid (1) la défense (1) life (19) literature (1) lomo (7) love (24) M (1) macro (5) MAD (4) mask (1) mass-media (1) movie (7) much to do about nothing (109) music (21) night (1) objectify (1) paris (2) park (3) party (3) peacock (1) peek (1) people (2) personal (34) photography (87) piano (1) piggeon (1) poetry (3) politic (2) poppy (1) portfolio (1) portrait (7) relationship (2) religion (1) robeabsolvire (2) romania (2) safety (1) scarry (1) school (7) sea (8) skirt (1) sky (5) slow (1) snagov (1) snow (6) social theory (2) street (5) strereotype (1) summer (1) sunday (1) sunset (2) tag (1) theatre (1) travel (22) value (22) versuri (1) verve (1) voluntier (1) white (3) winter (3) wish (1) work (3) zenit (3)

....................................................................................................

................................................................. Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
 
Copyright © Aripa , simplu