Getting involved



Sometimes I have felt the urge to speak about social/political matters from my country and I have drowned it. I guess my way of getting involved is trying to make people think and nothing else. When I find myself in the middle of a discussion about politics or our social issues I am never a partisan to one side or another. Firstly , because I know I do not know everything and far less than many because I have no interest for the time being, secondly because I know I have a narrow view as an individual. As an example, Mr X liked a certain candidate at some time and was more than keen on him winning. But Mrs Fanny, whom is one of the most important people for me, hated that candidate. The both of then were bombarding me with opinions, so that I really didn't know what to think since I respected them both and valued their thoughts. So what I did was annoy them =))...with questions and arguments. The argument I got from one I put up against the ones from the other. Of course, no one won, but I got to the point where I understood they both have true and false arguments and their choice was dictated mostly by their social indicators (from age to money, social group, upbringing etc etc). Of course, you may think I am completely condescending and snob and why the hell am I not influenced by those indicators. I am, but I can recognize them and thus I can set them aside and try to get to...yeeees, you guessed it, logics and truth, my two favourite lovers. :D I hope that what I managed to do at that time was make them think form a different view. That's all about politics. If I ever were to start getting involved at another level in society I certainly wouldn't start with politics, because I find it less than a sckeleton in our country. I find that politicians have the most narrow views I have ever heard, read, saw ever and that just scares me. The ONG's, the charities, the independent projects...those are the places where you can actually do things. Well..that's my opinion.

Yevgeny Khaldei

O_O holly ...

hihi, the song is ironic because that guy is Stalin


0 flu flu:

........................................................

absence (2) adam şi eva (1) annie leibovitz (1) autoportrait (4) autumn (1) bathroom (1) bee (2) black (2) blue (5) body (3) brasov (1) bresson (1) bucharest (4) canon (1) cat (3) cisnadie (1) countre-jour (1) damn (1) diana krall (1) discrimination (1) disney (1) drawings (1) drops (1) entertainment (1) event (3) everyday life (19) fashion (3) fed (2) feeling (1) film (10) fireman (1) fly (2) fridge (1) friend (10) fuck (2) fun (8) gift (1) greece (1) gypsy (1) hand (4) help (1) highschool (1) http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif (1) idiots (1) internet (1) kid (1) la défense (1) life (19) literature (1) lomo (7) love (24) M (1) macro (5) MAD (4) mask (1) mass-media (1) movie (7) much to do about nothing (109) music (21) night (1) objectify (1) paris (2) park (3) party (3) peacock (1) peek (1) people (2) personal (34) photography (87) piano (1) piggeon (1) poetry (3) politic (2) poppy (1) portfolio (1) portrait (7) relationship (2) religion (1) robeabsolvire (2) romania (2) safety (1) scarry (1) school (7) sea (8) skirt (1) sky (5) slow (1) snagov (1) snow (6) social theory (2) street (5) strereotype (1) summer (1) sunday (1) sunset (2) tag (1) theatre (1) travel (22) value (22) versuri (1) verve (1) voluntier (1) white (3) winter (3) wish (1) work (3) zenit (3)

....................................................................................................

................................................................. Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
 
Copyright © Aripa , simplu