I stopped on the verse : How do you turn what was savage tame? Love it.


I like the metaphor in "Up in the air" (movie, you should see it): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha2_W3EYws0 (bare through that girl's talking and you see the idea with the backpack). He is right. Yet we do otherwise. I take great offense in being called a shark, I beg your pardon! :p

I can't even grasp the size of this concept, love. I wrote about half a page here and then I deleted it because it was a false problem. How beautifully Mencken says it : Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Yes, it sounds lovely, until you realize what he is saying is love is not true, it's imagination. I feel as if I am being attacked on all sides. In discussions, from books, I see more and more that what we desire and believe are just bits and peaces we collect from around us. If I ask this : Who were the first people to be in love, what could you tell me? It's impossible to know. It's impossible to prove. We see love only as a manifestation and not as the essence. And we learn it , again, from manifestations. I even hate the idea that we learn how to love and not just feel it. But it's hard to argue with Ms HI when she says that our idea of love is taken from what we see, because I have no proof to show that it's real. It's like trying to prove people have souls. Of course, you need a soul to be truly in love...
I know how life works, I know what pragmatism is and I agree with it. Yet, I can't help, but believe there is something more to me that flesh and bones, and there is more to a couple than chemicals reacting in the brain.
The bad thing is even these ideas can be just things that happened to stick to me, that fit that little model in my head that was formed as I evolved. How much do we think for ourselves really? What opinion is ours , since we judge things based on "ancient" values and information we gathered up starting form the time we were crawling around the house, back then when we didn't really know how to filter information. I am actually scared of what I am saying. I find it troubling that no one starts from zero. We are born in a world with opinions on anything already spoken. We find them and we choose one basically, no matter what you say. It's great we have a choice....but I would like to be the creator of my life and not the society I was born in which offers me different layouts, like freaking hi5



2 flu flu:

Anonymous said...

most people, when talking about love, make this BIGGEST MISTAKE, of seeing love as a singularity, like it would be an object, or something, an it that they can point a finger to.

love is like food, you cook it with many ingredients, like somebody, some humour, some psychological bruises, etc, and you know that allready...

i like to thing about god alot, while i haven't read that much on religion, but i got to my own conclusions and theories. anyway, a few years ago i sked a girl what she thinks about god, and she said that she prefferes to stay away from the subject. i asked why. she said "because if i begin to talk about him i am affraid i would begin to loose my faith".

i guess love is right in the same spot. and you'll feel totally secure about it only when you'll look at your own new-born.

Anonymous said...

oh, and maybe you should put a title to this post. and hide/delete this comment after.

........................................................

absence (2) adam şi eva (1) annie leibovitz (1) autoportrait (4) autumn (1) bathroom (1) bee (2) black (2) blue (5) body (3) brasov (1) bresson (1) bucharest (4) canon (1) cat (3) cisnadie (1) countre-jour (1) damn (1) diana krall (1) discrimination (1) disney (1) drawings (1) drops (1) entertainment (1) event (3) everyday life (19) fashion (3) fed (2) feeling (1) film (10) fireman (1) fly (2) fridge (1) friend (10) fuck (2) fun (8) gift (1) greece (1) gypsy (1) hand (4) help (1) highschool (1) http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif (1) idiots (1) internet (1) kid (1) la défense (1) life (19) literature (1) lomo (7) love (24) M (1) macro (5) MAD (4) mask (1) mass-media (1) movie (7) much to do about nothing (109) music (21) night (1) objectify (1) paris (2) park (3) party (3) peacock (1) peek (1) people (2) personal (34) photography (87) piano (1) piggeon (1) poetry (3) politic (2) poppy (1) portfolio (1) portrait (7) relationship (2) religion (1) robeabsolvire (2) romania (2) safety (1) scarry (1) school (7) sea (8) skirt (1) sky (5) slow (1) snagov (1) snow (6) social theory (2) street (5) strereotype (1) summer (1) sunday (1) sunset (2) tag (1) theatre (1) travel (22) value (22) versuri (1) verve (1) voluntier (1) white (3) winter (3) wish (1) work (3) zenit (3)

....................................................................................................

................................................................. Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
 
Copyright © Aripa , simplu