Dinner in the dark


I was supposed to meet my mom today for some dinero(pesos, greens, money).I went to her house. She lives in a new building, along with her boss and some other executives. Although new and built especially for them this house is very stupid and when I got there everyone was in shock because the power was out and also the water pomp, thus, my mom, who lives at the last floor was without water. Well...I came there for dinner and I was starving. So her boss, in his familiar manner, took me, my mom and one of his mates(and executive) to the restaurant. I must tell you that both the boss and the mate were Austrians. I am unfortunate enough to not speak any German (Austrian is similar to German although with slight nuances) . Of course, when communicating we spoke the common English, but it was impossible to ask that when these guys were friends since at least 1998 (when they made a funny bet that while the boss is under 80, although he says it was 90, kilos the executive bought the dinner, if not, the boss payed) to speak anyway different than fast and Austrian. So it was the two speaking in their language and me and my mom in our language. It annoyed me greatly. I wish I knew every language on the planet.
The executive was totally charming. I made a joke about his Blackberry and said I'd like one and he asked me: Really, do you want one? And I said :"yes" and he took another identical Blackberry out of his pocket and handed it to me. Omg,to have two identical phones , both working , with blinking incoming emails on them. O f course I couldn't look in the phone so I just opened the browser and decided to google...myself. He asked what I was doing and I answered. He said :"how vain", in a playful manner. He then took the phone like from a child and looked in the google results. I actually come out as the first answer so he found my blog and read my last post. And then I found myself again the dark. With comments like "it's incredible you have the time just to put your thoughts on the internet" and telling my mom she should get me a job and "when you are older this will make you blush" I felt pretty bad. When he finished reading he said thank you and that it made him smile. Should I still get a job?

An interesting question he did ask and I shall think about it. He asked me if I laugh when reading what I wrote when I was much younger. I can actually do that and I did a year ago, a little, and I didn't laugh. More or less, although younger, less experienced, even more naive and unknowing, I still thought in the same way, I still had the same basic principles and desires. I am not ashamed of how I analyzed some friendship or how I described a room or what I liked about a boy. I am hoping that when I'll be 40, this here will seem as fun and "haha that's totally me, but boy was I dumb", just like when I read my diary from the fourth grade.
I've had strong opinions from a very small age. I am not about to change now.





0 flu flu:

........................................................

absence (2) adam şi eva (1) annie leibovitz (1) autoportrait (4) autumn (1) bathroom (1) bee (2) black (2) blue (5) body (3) brasov (1) bresson (1) bucharest (4) canon (1) cat (3) cisnadie (1) countre-jour (1) damn (1) diana krall (1) discrimination (1) disney (1) drawings (1) drops (1) entertainment (1) event (3) everyday life (19) fashion (3) fed (2) feeling (1) film (10) fireman (1) fly (2) fridge (1) friend (10) fuck (2) fun (8) gift (1) greece (1) gypsy (1) hand (4) help (1) highschool (1) http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif (1) idiots (1) internet (1) kid (1) la défense (1) life (19) literature (1) lomo (7) love (24) M (1) macro (5) MAD (4) mask (1) mass-media (1) movie (7) much to do about nothing (109) music (21) night (1) objectify (1) paris (2) park (3) party (3) peacock (1) peek (1) people (2) personal (34) photography (87) piano (1) piggeon (1) poetry (3) politic (2) poppy (1) portfolio (1) portrait (7) relationship (2) religion (1) robeabsolvire (2) romania (2) safety (1) scarry (1) school (7) sea (8) skirt (1) sky (5) slow (1) snagov (1) snow (6) social theory (2) street (5) strereotype (1) summer (1) sunday (1) sunset (2) tag (1) theatre (1) travel (22) value (22) versuri (1) verve (1) voluntier (1) white (3) winter (3) wish (1) work (3) zenit (3)

....................................................................................................

................................................................. Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
 
Copyright © Aripa , simplu