Not mine

As I was looking at the photo that I chose for today’s blog (which is not mine), I got to thinking about this thing that most of us have(pun intended), to own stuff, people, money, ...qualities. Yes, we want other people's qualities, we want to own them and claim our merit for them. Anyway, rights on a image, rights on property. You name it. How many countries aren't there that allow men to practically own women? Don't worry, it's not about that. It's about owning in all aspects. I mean the harder you keep on to what you own, the more difficult life is and the more we all suffer in a way. If we would all share (everything, generally speaking) there would be no use of owning like we do now. Again I feel I have to specify something, that I am not talking about communism, but I feel as thought we are at the other end of the stick. We hold on to our stuff like mad, even non-physical things like our phrases (like something funny we said, "it's mine! you can't use it" or " I said it first") . In a world where most of the things have already been said and most of the stuff have already been owned and let's face it, except a Picasso, mostly everything is mass produced...what does owning mean? Memories came to mind, like those are definitely ours...but are they? How many times, when you did something romantic, didn't you copy it from a book or a movie? How many times when you said something fun you didn't get inspired by Seinfeld or whatever? Unless you are thrown out of a plane (preferably with a parachute) over a virgin part of the Amazon, it is unlikely that you are seeing something that someone else hasn't seen before. Oh, I am so pessimistic. I am ripping that shinny little layer of "no way! I am so unique!". It's not all bad. The unique things are the ones that can't be owned...that's what I am trying to say. Those things are probably indescribable and so small you forget them or so amazing that you'd want to share them but can't.
I honestly was going to write something totally different. I mean toooootaly.

Tomorrow then...about my almost buss fine and my workshop with USA TODAY editor. I think I am forgetting something. Maybe it will come back to me....And yes, the mys are intentional :P

An isn’t it funny. I did this without thinking. The photo said private property on the sign and the title of the file is “not mine” =))

Ohh I remembered…Irony. All on tomorrow’s next episode of…Please think of something unoriginal.






0 flu flu:

........................................................

absence (2) adam şi eva (1) annie leibovitz (1) autoportrait (4) autumn (1) bathroom (1) bee (2) black (2) blue (5) body (3) brasov (1) bresson (1) bucharest (4) canon (1) cat (3) cisnadie (1) countre-jour (1) damn (1) diana krall (1) discrimination (1) disney (1) drawings (1) drops (1) entertainment (1) event (3) everyday life (19) fashion (3) fed (2) feeling (1) film (10) fireman (1) fly (2) fridge (1) friend (10) fuck (2) fun (8) gift (1) greece (1) gypsy (1) hand (4) help (1) highschool (1) http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif (1) idiots (1) internet (1) kid (1) la défense (1) life (19) literature (1) lomo (7) love (24) M (1) macro (5) MAD (4) mask (1) mass-media (1) movie (7) much to do about nothing (109) music (21) night (1) objectify (1) paris (2) park (3) party (3) peacock (1) peek (1) people (2) personal (34) photography (87) piano (1) piggeon (1) poetry (3) politic (2) poppy (1) portfolio (1) portrait (7) relationship (2) religion (1) robeabsolvire (2) romania (2) safety (1) scarry (1) school (7) sea (8) skirt (1) sky (5) slow (1) snagov (1) snow (6) social theory (2) street (5) strereotype (1) summer (1) sunday (1) sunset (2) tag (1) theatre (1) travel (22) value (22) versuri (1) verve (1) voluntier (1) white (3) winter (3) wish (1) work (3) zenit (3)

....................................................................................................

................................................................. Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog