Atlas



I have always held the greatest admiration for Atlas, because he has the strengh to hold the whole world on his shoulders. His burden always moved me. But today I found out my image of Atlas is false. He was not punished to hold the earth, but to hold the sky, to separate the primordial couple Gaia (earth) and Uranus(sky). I don't feel the romantic guilt anymore, the guilt of weighing even a single pound more of the burden he is forced to cope with.
Of course, it was even more than that. His (early) image came to mind today as I am fighting to resolve all my projects that seem to never end and get heavier and heavier by the day. I felt disappointed.
And that is why I didn't write yesterday. I was writing for a project, team project and I felt the pressure to finish and finish. I just couldn't stop writing. People were depending on me.

I told Ms NewBornStarinHerEyes(ah, she is so beautiful) yesterday that my blog is therapy. That idea actually came to mind as I was saying it. I realized that, except for Mr X sometimes, hardly anyone says anything about my blog so I don't get to really conceptualize what is means or what it does. And I don't mind at all, both the fact that people don't speak about it in physical life and the fact that I don't theorize it too much. It's just a challenge everyday to write. The rest of my feelings toward it change everyday.

Cig Harvey



1 flu flu:

Anonymous said...

and here comes the Big Grin :D

........................................................

absence (2) adam şi eva (1) annie leibovitz (1) autoportrait (4) autumn (1) bathroom (1) bee (2) black (2) blue (5) body (3) brasov (1) bresson (1) bucharest (4) canon (1) cat (3) cisnadie (1) countre-jour (1) damn (1) diana krall (1) discrimination (1) disney (1) drawings (1) drops (1) entertainment (1) event (3) everyday life (19) fashion (3) fed (2) feeling (1) film (10) fireman (1) fly (2) fridge (1) friend (10) fuck (2) fun (8) gift (1) greece (1) gypsy (1) hand (4) help (1) highschool (1) http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif (1) idiots (1) internet (1) kid (1) la défense (1) life (19) literature (1) lomo (7) love (24) M (1) macro (5) MAD (4) mask (1) mass-media (1) movie (7) much to do about nothing (109) music (21) night (1) objectify (1) paris (2) park (3) party (3) peacock (1) peek (1) people (2) personal (34) photography (87) piano (1) piggeon (1) poetry (3) politic (2) poppy (1) portfolio (1) portrait (7) relationship (2) religion (1) robeabsolvire (2) romania (2) safety (1) scarry (1) school (7) sea (8) skirt (1) sky (5) slow (1) snagov (1) snow (6) social theory (2) street (5) strereotype (1) summer (1) sunday (1) sunset (2) tag (1) theatre (1) travel (22) value (22) versuri (1) verve (1) voluntier (1) white (3) winter (3) wish (1) work (3) zenit (3)

....................................................................................................

................................................................. Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
 
Copyright © Aripa , simplu