To see the point


I see, on average, a feature film a day, the two-hour kind. It's not a brag. I said this to illustrate I've seen a lot of movies.
After some movies I fail to see the point, what do they want to say with this film? what should it teach me about myself?, I do, and I spend days thinking about it. Like "A serious man" or " Whatever Works"(and books like "Mrs Dalloway"). These two come to mind. But then I remember them and I get it. I've named the two also because they try to say the same thing in a way, the thing I want to say in this entry.
What do we want? and What gives us meaning? are two different things. We may want a collection of cars, but does that define us? If we lose them , do we loose ourselves?
It's like this, there are people who have a career, money, health but want a person to love, people who have loved ones, health and a career with no money, they want money, people who have money, loved ones, health, but no aknowledgements, like a bad actor who makes a lot of money cause he's pretty, and so on and so on. Then there are some who "have it all"...and these guys kill themselves. :)) Bad joke, I know, but it happens. These guys want meaning. What is meaning? They search for a greater purpose, for some sort of superior goal. They find religion, they find charity, they find making babies, they find alcohol and/or they find the bullet, or worse: marriage, divorce, marriage, divorce etc. :P Afterlife? That is no guarantee and well...everyone will have an afterlife so why is it different from the one here? This is a serious question. If we continue to exist, except for the part that (for the worse I would say) it will be an eternity of status-quo (Heaven-good, pleasure, peace.Hell- pain, suffering, torment), why is it so special?
Most of what I say above is false, because I can't believe it's that simple. With 3-4 categories intertwined I managed to index what happens to people who actually search for that world of ideas I was talking quite some time back. The thing is I've felt like that all my life. So if I am reasonably ok in this life, career, health, love ...what does it mean ? Ha, I just realized I am a character from an Eminescu short story. Once I say those words....I am G.... I will fall. :))


0 flu flu:

........................................................

absence (2) adam şi eva (1) annie leibovitz (1) autoportrait (4) autumn (1) bathroom (1) bee (2) black (2) blue (5) body (3) brasov (1) bresson (1) bucharest (4) canon (1) cat (3) cisnadie (1) countre-jour (1) damn (1) diana krall (1) discrimination (1) disney (1) drawings (1) drops (1) entertainment (1) event (3) everyday life (19) fashion (3) fed (2) feeling (1) film (10) fireman (1) fly (2) fridge (1) friend (10) fuck (2) fun (8) gift (1) greece (1) gypsy (1) hand (4) help (1) highschool (1) http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif (1) idiots (1) internet (1) kid (1) la défense (1) life (19) literature (1) lomo (7) love (24) M (1) macro (5) MAD (4) mask (1) mass-media (1) movie (7) much to do about nothing (109) music (21) night (1) objectify (1) paris (2) park (3) party (3) peacock (1) peek (1) people (2) personal (34) photography (87) piano (1) piggeon (1) poetry (3) politic (2) poppy (1) portfolio (1) portrait (7) relationship (2) religion (1) robeabsolvire (2) romania (2) safety (1) scarry (1) school (7) sea (8) skirt (1) sky (5) slow (1) snagov (1) snow (6) social theory (2) street (5) strereotype (1) summer (1) sunday (1) sunset (2) tag (1) theatre (1) travel (22) value (22) versuri (1) verve (1) voluntier (1) white (3) winter (3) wish (1) work (3) zenit (3)

....................................................................................................

................................................................. Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
 
Copyright © Aripa , simplu